1. What information do we collect and for what purpose?
Personal Information: When we use the term “personal information,” we mean any information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, as an individual person.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect and use personal information you provide in the following ways:
- Inquiries. If you communicate with us through any form both online and offline, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Marketing Communications. If you register for our newsletters or updates, we will communicate with you by email. To unsubscribe from promotional messages, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
- Business Representative Contact Information. If you are a business representative, we collect your information in connection with the performance of the agreement or potential agreement with us. This information may include your first name, last name, company contact information (e.g. email, phone, address), job title, and any other information related to the performance of the agreement with us.
- Event Information. If you fill out any forms or connect with us during live events, we may collect your contact information (such as your name, email, and phone number, postal code) and any other information requested on the form.
B. Information We Collect Automatically through Use of the Service
We use various technologies to automatically collect certain personal information about the device or browser you use to navigate our Service, including:
- Web Logs. Our web servers keep log files that record data every time a device accesses those servers. As such, when you access this Website, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, device and connection information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, and standard web log information.
- Location Information. We may collect general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise geolocation with your permission when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
- Cookies and Pixel Tags. We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID (that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account), and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on the Service. Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser, or access http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of the Service.
- Mobile Device Identifiers. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), or Google AdID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data (with your permission), including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
We use or may use the data collected through these technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising (see Third Party Data Collection and Online Advertising below); (c) recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
C. Information From Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine this information with other information we have.
- Social Media. When an individual interacts with our Service through various social media networks, such as when someone follows us or shares our content on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network, and may include [your profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties]. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us. The information may include contact information, demographic information, and information about your communications and related activities. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services and our marketing activities.
2. How we use your information
- Send you transactional information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, information about our services, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and information about your transaction with us;
- Communicate with you such as to respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service or feedback, or for any other purposes in connection with the Service;
- Provide you with news about products and services offered by us;
- Operate, maintain, test, enhance, update, monitor, diagnose, fix and improve our Service;
- Conduct research and analytics to understand our visitors and customers, and tailor our product offerings;
- Provide you with advertisements based on your interests and order history;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our data system services, and to meet governmental and institutional policy obligations;
- Enforce and carry out contracts and agreements with our customers;
- Investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- Comply with legal obligations; and
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
3. Sharing of your information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the Control Over Your Information section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, sending marketing communications, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information with other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose personal information to third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Negative Emissions Materials, our visitors, or others. We may also disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law, including for tax or accounting purposes, in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations.
- Consent. We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent or direction.
We may also share information with others in de-identified, aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. Third-party data collection and online advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. We permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an e-mail address or user ID) or hashed data with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider.
Please see Online Ads of the Control Over Your Information section below, to learn how you can opt out of interest-based advertising.
We may engage in the following:
- Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Service may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, LinkedIn, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Service, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
- Social Media Platforms. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as LinkedIn. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
- Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed e-mail address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
5. Control over your information
- Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
6. Children's privacy
Negative Emissions Materials does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Links to other websites and services
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
8. Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of the State of Nevada in the United States, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Note we do not sell your personal information within the meaning of Chapter 603A. However, if you would still like to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. How to contact us